woensdag 10 november 2010

A normal day?


Today too much news had to be evaluated. Yes, by me, who is writing here?
Ton Elias, a Dutch member of the Tea Party Party in the Netherlands proposed a plan to lay off 10-35% (a bit of a large difference between one and the other: 1 out of ten versus 1 out of 3..) of Dutch teachers who -in his perception- qualify as sub-standard. In short, he wants to fire them.
Very good. Let's do it.
Then tomorrow 1 out of 10, or even one out of 3 children do NOT receive any education, Good, bad, sub-standard or otherwise. What is Elias's response? "we've got to pay the good ones more and the bad ones nothing".

Wise man....?
Course not, he is as stupid as his party: no brains, only brainy.

What do I care?

Well, you know, I was laid off (which is a sign that Elias's statements are unfounded. In my demise as a teacher 1 out of 3 of ALL teachers/professors were laid off. Not because they weren't any good, but because their paycheck per month/year was too high) so I know what I'm talking about. My wife got her first visit in her classroom this year by her management. They were delighted (of course), but the visit took only 25 minutes... This is 25 minutes in a career stretching 25+ years... Where was Elias the last 25 (and more) years?

I ended up 'co-' 2nd in the 'teacher/professor of the year' competition during the year I was laid off. Surely a perfect reason to get fired.

Another newshit (is it news-hit or new-shit?) of the day had to do with a person in our Parliament, acting spokesman for Lifestyle and Living (in a -family- home). This person, if I am well-informed, being an elected person in our most Tea-like super-right-wing party, is now accused of being a pain in the ass by people in his former neighbourhood. Stalking, threatening, acting out behavior trusting his ex-military-man education (?), swearing against people he did not like, very muscly, many tattooed pictures kind of a man that he showed himself to be.

What, my dear Elias, kind of example is he for the performance of the country's most eligable position: a member of Parliament, that is supposed to give THE good example?
Or for the military he once served in?

Is there a rule in State Law that expells Parliament Members? Course not!
Why not?
Mister Elias: wipe clean your own mess before you threaten other professionals.

Third, although it happened a few days ago, is the guy who proposed that the world should re-embrace the GOLD STANDARD. Robert Zoellick is his name, president of the World Bank. As I understand it, he can no longer show himself in public, as he is regarded as the second most stupid man in the US ever (George W is of course holding on to his first place. No-one will EVER beat him).

From teaching to currency, what more is there to tell.
When, WHEN will I get a telephone call, an SMS, an email, a Tweet, whatever, wherein I am begged to rescue the country.

If only my blog would reach the right people....

Geen opmerkingen: